Foundation and bearing on the largest base of installed equipment in Russia
1993 – 1998
- Three founders (German Tsoy, Artem Molchanov, and Kirill Molchanov) established the trading company Hydromashservice and brought together a core team of three founders and five sales managers.
- Hydromashservice actively increased sales in Russia and the CIS and built relations with key clients (primarily with companies in water utilities and metals & mining sectors).
1999 – 2003
- Hydromashservice demonstrated boosting growth of the client base, expanded relations with the largest oil & gas and energy companies and gained leading positions in the pumps market in Russia and the CIS.
- The company gained experience in large commercial projects and humanitarian programs outside of Russia (such as the UN Oil-for-Food Programme).
- The largest Russian pump manufacturer, Livgidromash, joined Hydromashservice in 2003.
2004 – 2007
- The company acquired its key production facilities: Neftemash (Tyumen), Nasosenergomash (Sumy), and Livnynasos (Orel region, Central Russia).
- The investment industrial group Hydraulic Machines & Systems was established as an industrial holding (since 2008 - HMS Group plc.).
- HMS Group continued to develop long-term relations with its key customers.
- The company successfully implemented its first large projects in specialist pumps for nuclear power plants in India (Kudankulam) and China (Tianwan).
- The shareholders established HMS Group Management Company LLC. The extended management team was formed to achieve new ambitious goals.
Growth of market share on traditional HMS’ markets, entry into new markets
2007 – 2008
- The investment industrial group Hydraulic Machines & Systems was established as an industrial holding (since 2008 - HMS Hydraulic Machines & Systems Group Plc)
- HMS Group continued to develop long-term relations with its key customers
- The company successfully implemented its first large projects in specialist pumps for nuclear power plants in India (Kudankulam) and China (Tianwan)
- The shareholders established HMS Group Management Company LLC. The extended management team was formed to achieve new ambitious goals
2009 – 2013
- The Board of Directors approved the strategy for accelerated growth for 2009-2015 with a focus on M&A and complex solutions.
- HMS Group acquired Giprotyumenneftegaz, the leading project and design institute for oil and gas fields, as well as new production assets: Sibneftemash, Dimitrovgradhimmash, Bobruisk Machinery Plant, and Apollo Goessnitz, and entered the market of equipment for oil refining and petrochemistry.
- HMS Group ran a successful IPO on the London Stock Exchange in 2011.
- The company gained access to the compressor market via acquisition of the alliance: Kazankompressormash – NIIturbokompressor, the largest manufacturer of compressor equipment in Russia and the CIS.
- HMS Group became the provider of key technological units for large projects in oil extraction and transport: Vankor oilfield, the system of export pipelines BPS-2, ESPO-1, ESPO-2, Zapolarye-Purpe, Purpe-Samotlor and many others.
- The Group introduced a new line of pumps for oil trunk pipelines (NM, NPV, and NOU series) and mastered production of large-scale technological modules, as well as tanks, vessels and heat exchangers.
2014 – 2020
- HMS Group increased its expertise in design and manufacturing of equipment for natural and associated gas extraction and treatment on the base of Giprotyumenneftegaz and Neftemash.
- The company (Kazankompressormash) started sales of complete gas compression systems for booster compressor stations and gas trunkline compressor stations of Gazprom.
- Livgidromash plant expanded its engineering and manufacturing capabilities. The new mechanical treatment shop and the new unique testing unit were built.
- The Group implemented a large-scale investment programme covering all production units, renewed and expanded the product portfolio, and developed new product lines for pumps, compressors, measuring and other equipment for oil & gas.
- HMS Group supplied technological units for large scale gas projects, including:
- Technological equipment for ROSPAN INTERNATIONAL (East-Urengoyskoye field, Rosneft)
- Equipment for the extraction, transportation and processing of liquid hydrocarbons (Nadym-Pur-Taz region, Gazprom)
- Helium concentrate membrane separation unit (Chayandinskoye field, Gazprom)
- Equipment for LNG plants based on the "Arctic cascade" technology (PAO NOVATEK), followed by the Memorandum on Strategic Partnership, signed with PAO NOVATEK in 2019, as a part of the import-substitution program
- The top management developed the new strategy for sustainable growth with a focus on operational efficiency and leadership in the market of technological units for large-scale investment projects as well as entry into the new markets, i.e. gas transportation units and LNG-equipment.